The Cappuccino System and sleek design of the Delonghi Magnifica S ECAM22.110.SB, have made this bean-to-cup machine a popular choice.
Customers have given it rave reviews on several e-commerce sites, so Is the ECAM22.110.SB worth the cost, given its capabilities?.. Lets take a closer look
- Fully-automatic, bean-to-cup brewer that accepts either ground coffee or whole beans
- A manual milk frothing method for cappuccinos
- The “silent” grinder has a range of coarseness settings
- Able to make two cups of coffee at once
- Brewing unit is easily removed for cleaning
- Rinse and decalcification maintenance programmes
- A simple interface for setting your preferred coffee settings.
- Coffee intensity, temperature, and cup size can all be customised.
- Water tank capacity of 1.8 litres
Video guide on: De’Longhi Magnifica S, Automatic Bean to Cup Coffee Machine, Espresso and Cappuccino Maker, ECAM22.110.B, Black
The Delonghi Magnifica S ECAM22.110SB In Detail
If you need two espressos at once, the ecam22.110sb can handle that no problem.
The Magnifica ECAM22.110.SB stands in stark contrast to the rest of Delonghi’s lineup, which is typically black and futuristic in look but which features a silver exterior and coffee shop-style design. Even though we’ve lauded the design of other Delonghi models, we’re also great admirers of the Magnifica. No kitchen should be without it.
The daunting appearance of the control panel quickly fades away after a few test runs. Intensity may be reduced using the main dial, and settings like long or short coffee can be changed using the various buttons nearby.
The Cappuccino System may be located on the left side of the machine (unlike on the Caffe Corso and other less expensive Delonghi models). The milk can be frothed by hand for use in beverages like cappuccino and lattes using the included steam arm. Despite its usefulness, this is not an automated process, thus mastering the art of consistency may take some time and effort.
Because there are two coffee dispensers, you will be able to create two cups of coffee from only one cycle of brewing. Depending on the height of your cups, the dispensers can be changed accordingly.
Coffee Settings & Options
Though it may appear complicated at first glance, the control panel is actually quite intuitive.
You may adjust a number of different parameters to create your ideal cup of coffee, as you would expect from a machine in this price range. Probably the most significant is the dial for altering coffee strength, but you can also choose the aroma and whether you want a short, medium or long coffee.
The option to set the coffee’s temperature is a nice touch. This feature is not standard on all bean-to-cup machines, but it can make a world of difference if you have a specific preference for a particular temperature.
The built-in grinder includes options for coarseness, just as most machines (13 to be exact).
Espresso Flavor The Delonghi Magnifica ECAM22.110.SB makes delicious espresso with a rich flavour. While the final product will depend heavily on the beans you use, this machine can provide a well-rounded espresso with a layer of crema. On the highest heat setting, it also produces a very hot product.
Alternative Coffee Taste
You can whip up lattes and cappuccinos with the help of the milk frother. These can be delicious, but using the milk frother manually takes practise.
Convenience for Routine Maintenance
If you happen to be in a region with hard water, you will appreciate the water filter.
The ECAM22.110.SB, like all Delonghi appliances, is made to be simple to clean. While some manual upkeep and cleaning are necessary, particularly for the removable brewing unit, there are also automatic programmes for decalcification and rinsing.
The decalcification programme will automatically notify you when it’s time to run. This is often done once every few months, although how often you do it will vary.
The water tank holds 1.8 litres and may be taken out for cleaning or refilling. There is also a comprehensive indication included. When the full sign appears, just pull out the drip tray and empty it.
Every time you turn the machine on and off, it also runs a self-rinse. Maintaining it in this way requires little to no more work and helps keep it in pristine shape.
Other Great Features We Like;
- Flavour is maximised with the ECAM22.110.SB’s pre-brewing cycle.
- To remove undesired elements from the coffee, a water filter is supplied.
- The model includes energy-saving features like automated shutoff and a standby mode.
- The machine can be configured to the water conditions in your location using a programmed water hardness setting. Water hardness testing instructions are supplied.
- To create coffee that is consistently heated, the machine uses a brand-new thermoblock
When you consider everything that comes standard with the Magnifica ECAM22.110.SB, you can see that it’s a fantastic piece of equipment that’s a steal for the price. In comparison to other similar models, it is more reasonably priced while offering more features, such as a Cappuccino system. The Magnifica S is a great investment if you enjoy fresh coffee and value the ability to customise its flavour.
So What Do Buyers Actually Think?
To learn how well the machine functions in a domestic setting, we checked customer reviews posted on various websites. Several positive remarks are shown below:
- Several years of trouble-free use have led reviewers to highlight the machine’s dependability.
- Adjusting the preferences and making your coffee the way you like it is simple.
- Though perfecting the art of milk foaming can be challenging at first, the rewards of a well-made cappuccino are well worth the effort.
- It’s a speedy machine that produces coffee soon after being turned on.
- It is simple to tell when it needs to be refilled up thanks to the transparent bean cover
Also, The Not So Positive Things buyers had To Say;
- Reviewers agree that the Magnifica is easy to operate with some practise, but they stress the importance of reading the handbook to get the most out of it.
- It’s not ideal for warming drinks, as the cup holder doesn’t get very hot.
- The milk frother has received mixed reviews from users.
- Delonghi may have claimed a “silent” grinder, but the process of grinding beans still makes a lot of noise. Although, this is an inevitable byproduct of bean-to-cup coffee makers.
Most Commonly Asked Questions
The ECAM22.110.SB makes cappuccinos automatically, right?
Sadly, cappuccino cannot be made automatically. Cappuccino Systems often feature a steam arm for frothing milk by hand before adding it to espresso. This lowers the cost of the machine but may make it challenging to obtain a cappuccino and latte of a professional standard.
Can ordinary coffee be made with a Delonghi Magnifica?
It can indeed make regular coffee. Use ground coffee only in accordance with the directions.
Is Delonghi Magnifica a reputable company?
The DeLonghi Magnifica is an easy-to-use machine that produces delicious espresso and foamy, silky milk. Both its durability and dependability are high, and it can be fixed in a do-it-yourself fashion if something goes wrong.
Here is a great review of the Delonghi Magnifica S on Youtube;
Our take On The Magnifica S;
If you’re in the market for a bean-to-cup machine but don’t want to shell out the extra cash for an automatic cappuccino maker, consider the Delonghi Magnifica ECAM22.110.SB. It’s versatile, simple to operate, and makes espresso that’s both flavorful and well-balanced.