Should I purchase a vintage fridge/freezer?
Put some life and character into your kitchen with a vintage, retro style fridge freezer.
Lots of different looks are available, and if you’re drawn to bold colours, you can pick from options like emerald green, fiery red, and brilliant orange.
If you like the look of an older model but would rather have the efficiency and convenience of a newer one, a retro design may be the best option.
We’ve put together a helpful overview of some of the most popular Retro Fridge Freezer brands on the market.
Smeg Retro Fridge Freezers
Smeg is probably the most well-known manufacturer of retro refrigerators and freezers today.
Smeg provides a variety of freestanding washing machines, coffee machines, juicers, hand blenders, and other kitchen appliances as part of its Retro 50s Style collection.
The video below highlights the features and stying for the Smeg FAB38 model;
Amica Retro Fridge Freezers
Freestanding refrigerators and freezers with a retro design and convenient features like adjustable shelves, a lidded dairy section, and crisper drawers are selling fast at Amica.
Several eye-catching hues are available, such as a chic duck-egg blue and a deep red. The freezer compartment of the Amica 30/70 double-door static fridge is rated at 44 litres, and the refrigerator compartment is rated at 164 litres.
Take a look at the video below for a great overview of their retro model the Amica FKR29653R;
Swan Retro Styled Fridge Freezers
If you don’t want to spend too much money, you might like to check out the Swan retro refrigerator freezers.
Prices range from about £500 for the Swan Retro Top Mounted Fridge Freezer to close to £900 for the Swan Frost Free Fridge Freezer. Black, blue, cream, green, grey, lime, orange, pink, red, and wine red are just some of the colours available.
Swan’s Retro Slimline Fridge Freezer (typically selling for around £550) is a good option if you’re short on room. Its 181.5-cm height and 54.6-cm width mean it can fit into tight spots in your kitchen.
There are three glass shelves and three drawers in the freezer space of this model.
Swan’s line of fridge freezers has a retro design that it says will bring “cool retro-chic” to your kitchen, and the company also produces retro-styled dishwashers, slow cookers, and electric ovens.
Here’s at look at the Swan SR11020 Retro Fridge Freezer;
Montpellier vintage fridges and freezers
Montpellier’s retro refrigerator and freezer collection, which includes both built-in and freestanding models, begins at around $500. If you’re shopping on a tighter budget, we’d recommend taking a look at the MAB144C, MAB148R, or MAB148K.
Among the most well-liked options is the Montpellier MAB386K Retro.
This freestanding refrigerator/freezer has tall bottle storage, retro-styled handles, and three adjustable glass shelves. If your kitchen could use some colour, you may want to look elsewhere because it only comes in black.
Under-the-counter retro refrigerator and freezer options are also available at Montpellier. These have a salad crisper and a can storage compartment in addition to two glass shelves and a thermostatic control.
Here is a brief look at their under counter retro fridge freezer available;
COMFEE' RCD93BL1RT(E) Under Counter Fridge Only, 93L Retro Freestanding Fridge with Chiller Box, Adjustable Thermostats, Self-closing Door, Black
- 【Retro Design & Premium Temperature Performance】 – Comfee Solo Series refrigerator features a sleek, classic retro design with modern technology including a R600a energy efficient compressor to cool food faster using less energy. The adjustable thermostat allows you to amend the temperature between 1℃ to 10℃.
- 【Self-Closing Door】 - With the specially designed door hinge, the door can close softly by itselfso there is no need to worry whether the fridge door is closed properly or not. The fridge also has two adjustable front legs for leveling onto different surface heights.
- 【Chiller Compartment and Large, Flexible Interior】 – The fridge has a chiller compartment which is suitable for chilling drinks. The two removable glass shelves allow you to manage your space easily.
- 【Quieter and A+ (old) / F (new) Energy Rating】 - The fridge is equipped with advanced Comfee compressor, which makes the fridge runs quietly and efficiently, which help you save energy.
- 【Perfect Size and Space saving design】 - The Fridge is in perfect dimension in 488*490*835 (W×D×H)(mm), which is suitable for different spot of the room. Note: NO LED Light Inside.
Galanz 86L Freestanding Undercounter Mini Retro Fridge Freezer Small Standard double door Fridges with Top-Freezer,Adjustable Thermostat Control 48cm Wide Red RFFK003R [Energy Class F]
- Retro Red & Enough Space - Standard refrigerators with stylish vintage finish makes it ideal for open-plan studio, games rooms, or home bars. Mini and small Fridges with freezer compartment is perfect to store ice, fresh food, and other beverages, and make a great little addition for your BBQ‘s and gatherings.
- Adjustable Temperature Control - Mechanical thermostat control allows you to easily change the temperature to suit your needs in both the refrigerator compartment from 0°C to 8°C as well as the freezer compartment
- Energy Saving & Quite - Cool things down efficiently and quietly. The better energy rating can help you save money on utility bills (207 kWh/year). And the low noise level
- Interior Led Lighting & Two Leveling Front Legs - The refrigerator offers bright interior lighting to make it easy to see what is inside. Leveling legs can adjust feet and keep level placement anywhere.
- Dimension & Warranty - Perfect Fridge for kitchen, bedroom, office, and home bar. Measures 59.2Wx 48.7D x 89.3H cm with a capacity of 86L. We provide a one-year product warranty with Product Care UK. You could consult after-sales issues via call or email.
Klarstein Irene - Fridge-Freezer Combination, Retro Refrigerator, 61 L Fridge Compartment, 24 L Freezer Compartment, 40dB Quiet, 2 Levels, 2 Door Shelves, for Small Families and Singles, Blue
- Space for everything: 61-litre refrigerator and 24-litre freezer for small families and singles | Everything in order: 2 cooling levels made of break-resistant glass, vegetable compartment and 2 door racks
- On / off switch via temperature controller in the interior | Low operating noise (40 dB) | Infinitely variable cooling capacity
Klarstein CoolArt Fridge-Freezer Combination - Refrigerator with 2 Cooling Levels, Design Front, Thermostat with 5 Levels, 0 to 10 ° C, Compact Dimensions, Design, Forest, 79L
£229.99 in stock
- COMPACT DIMENSIONS: Despite its compact dimensions, the fridge-freezer has a generous volume for fresh food. This means Klarstein CoolArt fridge-freezer combination is the ideal fridge for single households, in guest rooms or in the garden shed.
- QUIET OPERATION: Thanks to its low-noise operation with less than 45 dB, it does not disturb your thoughts or your sleep. This makes the Klarstein CoolArt fridge-freezer combination suitable for installation in areas where concentration is required.
- ELEGANT: Thanks to the high-quality design front in 3 versions, the CoolArt fridge-freezer combination by Klarstein brings colour and style into your kitchen. This makes it not only a practical appliance, but an attractive visual highlight.
- QUALITY: In 2008, Klarstein started turning the world of household goods upside down. Since then, the combination of high-quality materials and modern yet timeless designs has yielded an impressive range that is constantly growing and inspiring.
- Please be advised that this device comes with a licensed EU to UK converter plug attached. Therefore, we will open the package and pre-install it for your convenience prior to shipping.